Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
BiWeekly #14 Now 07-17 - 07-30 1pm est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:00 am
ron4560 View latest post
BiWeekly #13 7-2 -7-16 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 3 Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:08 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
Biweekly Hunt #12 6-18 -7-2 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 6 Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:51 pm
Jimbo1952 View latest post
Hunt #13 7-2-17 NOW -7-16-17 1PM EST DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:58 am
ron4560 View latest post
Site is back up General Talk Magnum1973 2 Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:36 am
ron4560 View latest post
Ron, how wet is it? General Talk REZ325 1 Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:28 am
ron4560 View latest post
Hunt #11 06 -04-17 -06-18 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:51 pm
ron4560 View latest post
BiWeekly Hunt #12 6-18 1pm est- 7-2 1pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:37 am
ron4560 View latest post

Goodbye from the Blue Heron
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> Happenings around the world
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueHeron

usa.gif

Reputation: 9Reputation: 9Reputation: 9Reputation: 9Reputation: 9Reputation: 9Reputation: 9Reputation: 9

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:54 pm Post subject: Goodbye from the Blue Heron Reply with quote

Guys, this is the Blue Heron's wife, who wants to let you know that the Blue Heron went to be home with the Lord Mar 24, 2011, peacefully in his sleep. This was not expected--he was home with another illness and apparently more was wrong than we knew. He enjoyed this site and the maps (I played the Mars Map with him, what a crazy map!) and he will be missed terribly. The site and the Deer Hunter game were very much fun for him while he was home a full year with his illness. He enjoyed this site so much. Thanks for comforting him--I appreciate it.

Joanna (I wanted the handle Red Heron but he deplored the pun.)

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in
dhunter000

usa.gif

votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:19 pm Post subject: Re: Goodbye from the Blue Heron Reply with quote

BlueHeron @ Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:54 pm wrote:
Guys, this is the Blue Heron's wife, who wants to let you know that the Blue Heron went to be home with the Lord Mar 24, 2011, peacefully in his sleep. This was not expected--he was home with another illness and apparently more was wrong than we knew. He enjoyed this site and the maps (I played the Mars Map with him, what a crazy map!) and he will be missed terribly. The site and the Deer Hunter game were very much fun for him while he was home a full year with his illness. He enjoyed this site so much. Thanks for comforting him--I appreciate it.

Joanna (I wanted the handle Red Heron but he deplored the pun.)

Joanna,
I am very grieved about the loss of your soul mate. Did not know he was ill. He will be missed by all of us. I pray that God is with you during your time of loss, comforts you and gives you peace.
If you need anything please let us know and I am sure we can try to help in one way or another.
God Bless,
Dave

Get registered or Log in

I'm hunting Wabbits cause I cant find any Horny Heads!
Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
drewski251

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:52 pm Post subject: Re: Goodbye from the Blue Heron Reply with quote

Wow... My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  I am fairly new and I did not get a chance to talk to BlueHeron on Teamspeak or anything but I have seen his name around this site and in the Weekly Hunt entries.  I always noticed when his name popped up because where I am from (Gulf Shores, AL) we have a lot of Blue Herons and as a kid we used to catch fish to feed them and when we couldn't catch any fish we would feed them hot dogs.  I guess that is a dumb story but the point that I am trying to make is that his name reminded me of my childhood and I will miss seeing it around the site.  I am sorry for your loss.   Sad

-Drew
Jimbo1952

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:07 pm Post subject: Re: Goodbye from the Blue Heron Reply with quote

So sorry for your loss Joanna, he will truly be missed. It's like we've lost part of our family also. Feel free to come back anytime and talk. RIP BlueHeron. And God be with you.
Visit Evo-File Today
Rick

usa.gif

votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:29 pm Post subject: Re: Goodbye from the Blue Heron Reply with quote

So sorry for your loss Joanna My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Get registered or Log in
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:43 pm Post subject: Re: Goodbye from the Blue Heron Reply with quote

Joanna, On behalf of all the members here at Hagadoo, and myself, your husband will be sorely missed. I pray during this time yourself & family find the peace & comfort needed.

I still remember when Blue first entered our hunts here for the first time and getting him set up on team speak. I never knew how much it really meant to him, never knowing that he was gravely ill. I wish I would have known more, so I could have done more, you will be missed

If there is anything you need, or we can do for you during this time, please let us know.

Good Bye my Friend, You will be Missed

Get registered or Log in
Lucky
Map Maker

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:01 pm Post subject: Re: Goodbye from the Blue Heron Reply with quote

Joanna:
On The Internet and Deer Hunter 2005, we meet and cross many lives, Old and Young alike.
We share the same space when we play games and in turn we become comrades.   Each person we
Meet has unique personalities that we accept as friendship.  Even though we cannot look
Upon their faces we know them in our hearts and minds.  I am delighted he enjoyed the game and
The maps , I am glad  that I could share  the space with him. May the Lord hold him in his hands
Until I share his space again.

Get registered or Log in
Get registered or Log in
Magnum1973

usa.gif

votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:17 pm Post subject: Re: Goodbye from the Blue Heron Reply with quote

Many years ago I posted that this game was more then just a game.  It brings people together to form bonds of friendships.   Most of the time we never meet, or even know what the person looks like, yet we are proud to call them friends.  I have never had the honor of talking with Blue, but from the above posts I can tell he had an impact on peoples live that he had never met.  

I am glad that he was able to find enjoyment with the game and with the people on this site.  We all thank you sharing him with us.

As Ray stated, if you need anything don't hesitate to ask.  

God bless

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Visit Evo-Hacks Today
ron4560
Site Owner
Legend
Past Legend

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:47 pm Post subject: Re: Goodbye from the Blue Heron Reply with quote

Joanna, I was shocked to enter the site tonight and see the news.
As his FRIENDS above have said We are one Big Family and He will be Missed!
God Bless

Get registered or Log in
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:51 pm Post subject: Re: Goodbye from the Blue Heron Reply with quote

Joanna

So sorry to hear that Blue Heron will no longer be with us.
But I am happy that he found the site and was able to enjoy his time here.
I truly appreciate what the site means to us older folk and the joy and companionship that can be shared here.
My best wishes to you and your family .

May God Bless you and keep you through this trying time.

Dan

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JCT

Location: Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia right in the center of Southamerica
bolivia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:41 am Post subject: Re: Goodbye from the Blue Heron Reply with quote

Joanna Sorry to hear about BlueHeron, My prayers are with you and your family, At least he is hunting in better grounds now with God.

Get registered or Log in
trulight

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:12 pm Post subject: Re: Goodbye from the Blue Heron Reply with quote

Joanna,

My sincerest condolences.  He will be missed.

-Sam

Need Photography Work Done, and I'm in your area?
Sam Ives Photography

Get registered or Log in
Visit Detailed Designs Today
Mickey

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:54 pm Post subject: Re: Goodbye from the Blue Heron Reply with quote

Blue was someone that will be missed in more ways than one.  Talking with him and learning some things here and there and sharing tactics I know meant a good deal to him.  beating him barely in the swiss hunt was a lucky win for me but not having him around to challenge anymore will be a great loss.  few will leave an impact but for the members here it will impact all of us.  he gave me a run for my money on the hunts.  Where ever you are my friend I hope you know why I stepped away. May god bless all of you I know the pain of loss losing alot of my family the past year.    mickey

Get registered or Log in
Vic
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:20 pm Post subject: Re: Goodbye from the Blue Heron Reply with quote

I'm shocked to hear of his passing, I had the chance to speak to him a couple of times on team speak and he seemed like a very nice man. My thoughts and prays go out to your family in your time of grief. Rip and he will forever be a part of our family here at Hagadoo Smile

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger MySpace Profile: http://www.myspace.com/Grrrrlacher
TKSniper
Staff
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:10 pm Post subject: Re: Goodbye from the Blue Heron Reply with quote

Joanna, I'm sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Magnum is right. DH 05 has always been an interactive game in the community and many have loved the game, myself included.

RIP BlueHeron. You will be missed by all of us here at Hagadoo.

Get registered or Log in

BIG GAME LODGE
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  Happenings around the world All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: