Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
BiWeekly Hunt #12 6-18 1pm est- 7-2 1pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:37 am
ron4560 View latest post
Windows 7 and DH2005 Map Editor Deer Hunter 2005 Map Making Lucky 24 Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:22 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
Site is back up General Talk Magnum1973 2 Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:36 am
ron4560 View latest post
Ron, how wet is it? General Talk REZ325 1 Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:28 am
ron4560 View latest post
Hunt #11 06 -04-17 -06-18 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:51 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Where should I go next ? Deer Hunter 2005 Map Making DanthemanBoone 2 Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:46 am
The Dh2005 MAP EDITOR extra text bug General Talk DanthemanBoone 0 Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:35 pm
BiWeekly #10 Results 5-21-17 - 6-4-17 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:39 pm
ron4560 View latest post

TH 2003 Problems
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> Trophy Hunter 2003
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr_Mule

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:49 pm Post subject: TH 2003 Problems Reply with quote

For some reason I can't get the game to load anymore.
It starts to load but after the 1st screen runs I get an error message.
I've tried uninstalling it & reinstalling it & I keep getting the same error message. Confused
Help!!!

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
dhunter000

usa.gif

votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:03 am Post subject: Re: TH 2003 Problems Reply with quote

Your registry is to blame or you are not using the correct version of the download or retail version Atari 1.2 patch. Sad  

Get registered or Log in

I'm hunting Wabbits cause I cant find any Horny Heads!
Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TKSniper
Staff
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:57 am Post subject: Re: TH 2003 Problems Reply with quote

http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html

Download and install this. It's the best system cleaner I have run across.

Scratches on your install disk could cause that problem too, but it normally stalls the installer if that is the case.

Get registered or Log in

BIG GAME LODGE
Mr_Mule

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:35 pm Post subject: Re: TH 2003 Problems Reply with quote

I have Iobit advanced system care.
I'll run it again.
I also use C Cleaner,it's pretty good to.
My disc still looks like new......
About the patch.
I always used it since it came out.
The game just up & went nuts on me.
Maybe the patch files got corrupted.
I'll down load it again.

Get registered or Log in
Visit DarkForge Graphics.com Today
Mr_Mule

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:36 pm Post subject: Re: TH 2003 Problems Reply with quote

Well,I got it to run without the patch or editor once.
After I installed them it crapped out again so I ran the reg cleaner again & re-installed it & it wouldn't make it past the 1st screen anymore without the patches or with them.
Maybe it is the disc but it looks perfect & I have Deer Hunter 5,DH 2004 & DH 2005 & they all run fine.
Anymore ideas?

Get registered or Log in
dhunter000

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:59 pm Post subject: Re: TH 2003 Problems Reply with quote

You have a virus that is the cause of your problem Exclamation
Dhunter000

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mr_Mule

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:09 pm Post subject: Re: TH 2003 Problems Reply with quote

dhunter000 @ Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:56 pm wrote:
Dhunter000

Have you ran across this before & do you know how to get rid off it??
I run scans regularly & nothing shows up.
I use AVG & Iobit Malware Fighter.
I also have Iobit Advanced System care & it scans for malware also.
Besides,if it were a virus why would it affect only 1 game & not the other games or anything else?

Get registered or Log in
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:37 pm Post subject: Re: TH 2003 Problems Reply with quote

Hey Mr Mule.

Dont know why you are having these problems but lets get down to basics

You should only have to install the game to your c/drive then the Editor and the TH 2003 v1.1 patch from the site. That  should be it.
obviously something else is going on here.

You havnt said what version of the game you are using,.. ie install from retail cd or download version.
If you are using a download version then wipe it and get it from another site and try again.
Also may be a help to know what operating system you are using.

keep sending feedback untill we get to the bottom of this.

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Visit DFG-GAMING.COM Today
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

votes: 14

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:10 pm Post subject: Re: TH 2003 Problems Reply with quote

Has anything change on your PC since you last used it or installed it? I don't think you have a virus. What operating system are you trying to install this on? May be a capability problem. Does the game completely install, but crashes when launching? Can it launch before you patch it? Do other games work properly on this PC?

Get registered or Log in
Mr_Mule

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:20 pm Post subject: Re: TH 2003 Problems Reply with quote

Rez & Dan,
I've had this old PC since Dec 04, it's XP SP3 & I added an ATI 128mb vid card right after I got it.
The only difference is that I added RAM like 3 years ago.
The game is the retail version on disc.
I've played the game on it for years & it started acting up.
It would go to the 1st screen then I'd get the error above.
At 1st if it wouldn't load I could try again & it would run but now it just stops at the 1st screen with the error message.
Today I got it to run 1 time right after I re-installed it before I installed the editor & patch.
After I installed them it acted up again so I uninstalled the whole game,ran a reg cleaner & installed it again.
This time it got to the 1st screen & the error message popped up again.
I have DH 5,DH 2004 & DH 2005 & I have no problems with them or anything else except TH 2003.
The game disc looks perfect,not a scratch or smudge on it.
Oh & the video card driver is up to date & has been out since 2006.
I'm lost...........

Get registered or Log in
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:46 am Post subject: Re: TH 2003 Problems Reply with quote

Have you tried starting the game directly from the game folder by double clicking the EXE file in the game folder.Maybe your shortcut is taking you to an obsolete folder that only has the first loading screens..

Next thing I would suggest is to uninstall and then use the search on the start menu to see if there have been any folders left behind from previous uninstalls . clean out anything you can find that relates to TH 2003. it is possible that anything left may be causing a conflict if the com is trying to access two file sets.
Then go in to the C drive program files and search there manually for the same folders.
You will need to be looking for infogrames or Trophy hunter 2003 or maybe even TH2003 folders.
If you ever installed to a different folder like games ect you may need to check there as well.

Be careful with any Infogrames folders as I think DH 5 runs from an infogrames folder as well. If it is it may be just as easy to uninstall it as well
I have DH3 and DH4 and they are both wizard works but I dont have 5 so I cant be positve that it was still wizard works. Check on the DH5 CD or case to confirm .

Can you print out the error report and send it to me either through PM or use the Email address in my profile.

I still love that old game too. Mickey and I played a couple of months back using Team speak, and we found two moose. I got mine ok but Mickeys turned on him and ran him down. I had a ringside seat for the event, saw what was about to happen and tried to warn him. Funniest thing I have ever seen in any game.

So I hope we can get you up and running again

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dhunter000

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:17 am Post subject: Re: TH 2003 Problems Reply with quote

Mr_Mule @ Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:09 pm wrote:
dhunter000 @ Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:56 pm wrote:
Dhunter000

Have you ran across this before & do you know how to get rid off it??
I run scans regularly & nothing shows up.
I use AVG & Iobit Malware Fighter.
I also have Iobit Advanced System care & it scans for malware also.
Besides,if it were a virus why would it affect only 1 game & not the other games or anything else?

Have you heard or know about Ghost Files on your hard drive.They can contain a virus that can not be removed
by reformatting or reinstalling a program, and yes there are viruses out there that will only affect certain programs.
Dave

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Visit Evo-File Today
Mr_Mule

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:08 pm Post subject: Re: TH 2003 Problems Reply with quote

DanthemanBoone @ Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:44 am wrote:
Have you tried starting the game directly from the game folder by double clicking the EXE file in the game folder.Maybe your shortcut is taking you to an obsolete folder that only has the first loading screens..

Next thing I would suggest is to uninstall and then use the search on the start menu to see if there have been any folders left behind from previous uninstalls . clean out anything you can find that relates to TH 2003. it is possible that anything left may be causing a conflict if the com is trying to access two file sets.
Then go in to the C drive program files and search there manually for the same folders.
You will need to be looking for infogrames or Trophy hunter 2003 or maybe even TH2003 folders.
If you ever installed to a different folder like games ect you may need to check there as well.

Be careful with any Infogrames folders as I think DH 5 runs from an infogrames folder as well. If it is it may be just as easy to uninstall it as well
I have DH3 and DH4 and they are both wizard works but I dont have 5 so I cant be positve that it was still wizard works. Check on the DH5 CD or case to confirm .

Can you print out the error report and send it to me either through PM or use the Email address in my profile.

I still love that old game too. Mickey and I played a couple of months back using Team speak, and we found two moose. I got mine ok but Mickeys turned on him and ran him down. I had a ringside seat for the event, saw what was about to happen and tried to warn him. Funniest thing I have ever seen in any game.

So I hope we can get you up and running again

I checked & there were no folders. I tried using the exe. in the new install & it messed up also.
I can't find the actual error report. I even used the find files option on the start menu.
I'm gonna get my daughter to drop off her laptop & see if it will run on there,then I'll at least know if the disc is the problem.
If I can't get TH 03 to work on my computer I wish thinking about trying the ISV for DH 04.
I tried download it but it kept stopping. I read the forum & even used the orbit download manager that you suggested & it still wouldn't finish downloading. It shouldn't be a problem with my DL speed.
Here's my specs.
Download Speed: 5907 kbps (738.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 794 kbps (99.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Sun Jun 26 2011 14:05:04 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
It would only DL at  575kbs at 1st the drop to around 200kbs then stop.

Get registered or Log in
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

votes: 14

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:33 pm Post subject: Re: TH 2003 Problems Reply with quote

Some of the bigger files on this site are problematic for downloading depending on the time of day. This is  because of the way godaddy has us set up. We can move this file into team speak you you want, it usually works there.

Get registered or Log in
Mr_Mule

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:44 pm Post subject: Re: TH 2003 Problems Reply with quote

I appreciate all the help!!!
I'll let ya know if it was a bad game disc.

Get registered or Log in
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  Trophy Hunter 2003 All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: