Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
BiWeekly Hunt #10 5-21-17 12pm est- 6-4-17 12pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun May 21, 2017 11:58 am
ron4560 View latest post
Bi Weekly #9 results 5-7-17 -5-21-17 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Sun May 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Semi View latest post
Coming soon to hagadoo General Talk DanthemanBoone 4 Sat May 13, 2017 10:45 pm
Mydnyte View latest post
BiWeekly Hunt#8 Results 4-23-17 - 5-7-17 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Sat May 13, 2017 4:04 pm
Jimbo1952 View latest post
BiWeekly # 9 Now 5-07-17 - 5-21 -17 12pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun May 07, 2017 12:59 pm
ron4560 View latest post
BiWeekly Hunt 7 results 4-9-17 - 4-23-17 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:21 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
BiwWeekly Hunt #8 4-23-17 1pm est- 5-07-17 1pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:59 am
ron4560 View latest post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Site Announcements ron4560 4 Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:56 pm
Semi View latest post

Multiple arrows/shots? what am i missing? and misc questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> Info, questions and suggestions for hunts.
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
yoshious

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:02 am Post subject: Multiple arrows/shots? what am i missing? and misc questions Reply with quote

im reading on the forums about everyone getting excited cause it took over 7 arrows to kill a deer at long range? or using the 207 ammo with the sniper scope but it taking more then one shot to get the deer. now... is this just for fun? or am i missing a part of this site? Also off the subject. ive also noticed people talking about the different ways they hunt and about reloading maps. im assuming thats just entering a map running in a circle then re loading it if you didnt get what you wanted? i used to do that in georgia mmap just cause its easy lol. but now i just scout mode every map and put up tree stands and call. some maps i walk.run around but not many. i feel the walking around and crouching by a tree. or putting up a ground blind/tree stand brings more realistic means to the game. so thats how i hunt. also if anyone could give me a few decent maps to hunt on for blacktail/roe/axis/mule deer id appreciate it. i have like 8 i got for whitetail. (i love whitetail)  Rolling Eyes but as for axis mule and roe... not so much. but i know ill need a recordbook/world record from each for them stat points  Laughing thanks and sorry for so many questions and rambling on!
Jimbo1952

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:25 am Post subject: Re: Multiple arrows/shots? what am i missing? and misc quest Reply with quote

Well I don't know about getting excited about arrow quantity, I think we just post that cause it's kind of funny (sort of) that your deer looks like a Porcupine when it finally dies. As far as ammo when we are hunting for distance, we use one ammo to injure the animal at close range and then the 207 to drop it at long range. As far as hunting styles use whatever works for you (as long as you don't use any cheats) everyone has their own preference as to how they hunt. As far as maps go, at the left side of the site, look under downloads and you will find all the maps you need including the NEW HYBRID maps (which require that you download and install the hybrid patch). Hope this info helps.
Lucky
Map Maker

usa.gif

votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:57 am Post subject: Re: Multiple arrows/shots? what am i missing? and misc quest Reply with quote

What you are missing is getting involved with the weekly tournaments and having fun. Laughing
Hunt like you want make the leader board with the best.   The site is about
camaraderie and having fun and like Jimbo says the selection of maps is extensive.

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in
Get registered or Log in
yoshious

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:02 pm Post subject: Re: Multiple arrows/shots? what am i missing? and misc quest Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, And yes i know about on the left with the maps. but i was asking if there is a certain one any of you can suggest for the different deer types. As i said, axis/roe/mule/black tail. if you can suggest your favorites. I would love to try them out and see if i like them as well  Wink
Visit Evo-Hacks Today
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

votes: 14

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:54 pm Post subject: Re: Multiple arrows/shots? what am i missing? and misc quest Reply with quote

Great Questions! Smile

yoshious @ Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:02 am wrote:
im reading on the forums about everyone getting excited cause it took over 7 arrows to kill a deer at long range? or using the 207 ammo with the sniper scope but it taking more then one shot to get the deer. now... is this just for fun? or am i missing a part of this site?

When your bow is properly calibrated, lets say 55yds, a well placed shot will drop the deer in its tracks or a little there after. When you are trying to shoot deer at distances greater then, let say 100yds, it will take more arrows to bring down the deer, cause the arrow does not have the energy as it would at 55 yds. Now the 207 is a low energy round, you will find the info in your weapons customization area of the game. even at close ranges  a head shot, may take 2 rounds to bring down the deer. At further distances, out to 500yds, it will take many. Some of our more skilled hunters can do it in 3 shoots, I personally have never been that lucky. The 207 is the only weapon in the game that can shoot beyond 400yds, all other calibers stop at 400, remember that fact.

yoshious wrote (View Post):

Also off the subject. ive also noticed people talking about the different ways they hunt and about reloading maps. im assuming thats just entering a map running in a circle then re loading it if you didnt get what you wanted? i used to do that in georgia mmap just cause its easy lol. but now i just scout mode every map and put up tree stands and call. some maps i walk.run around but not many. i feel the walking around and crouching by a tree. or putting up a ground blind/tree stand brings more realistic means to the game. so thats how i hunt.

There are many different approach's when it come to hunting this game competitively. Vic, is our master re-loader. He will load the map on a good night over a thousand times,WoW! He scouts for a spot where he see's a lot of deer, then reloads that area until he gets the deer he needs. When done repetitively, Vic usually wins or places at the top. Ron, like to run & gun. He will load the map and run to his know hot spots looking for the winning combination he needs. Ron usually wins or place at the top. Mickey, when he hunts, he usually wiuns because of the time he puts in. When Mickey was deep into the tourneys, he would spend 10 + hours a day hunting the map. KY has his own little secrets as well a Trulight. Practice, perseverance and patience works best in the end.

As far as other maps, it really depends on what You are looking for. Our hybrid maps are usually more full of textures and prettier, but if you have and old system, they may slow down your frame rate.

If you really want to get more inside secrets, join us in TeamSpeak some evening. More help can be given there Smile

Get registered or Log in
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:22 pm Post subject: Re: Multiple arrows/shots? what am i missing? and misc quest Reply with quote

I look after our map library and test all new maps before they are uploaded to site.

Two things I would like to know before reccomending any maps for you.

1. How big a computer do you have. E.G. I run a 2.4ghz  Dual core with 2 GB of memory .( Currently new maps must run at around 25 to 30 FPS on My machine at Ultra settings to be accepted)

2. What degree of difficulty do yo expect.. Real walk in the park or absolute ball Busters  (Brass ball of course).

We have a few other goodies in our download library ... like  calibrated scopes for the 207 and also for the crossbow. Not every hunt has a no scope restriction.

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WhiteWolf

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:35 pm Post subject: Re: Multiple arrows/shots? what am i missing? and misc quest Reply with quote

I tell you yoshious. these guys know there  stuff..ive been hunting with them for a while now. and i still havent learned half of what these guys know. just hunt the maps and have fun doing it...and the tournaments are a hole new type of hunting..and to the guys here at Hagadoo.com thanks..keep up the good work..
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  Info, questions and suggestions for hunts. All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: