Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Topgun Week #4/BiWeekly # 24 12-10 12pm est.-12--24 1pm est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:35 am
ron4560 View latest post
Balloons in Silly Snake DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:18 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Topgun Week #4/BiWeekly # 24 12-3 -12-17 CANCELLED DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 7 Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:14 am
ron4560 View latest post
Toggun#3/Biweekly #23 11-19-12-3 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:04 am
ron4560 View latest post
1st Deer with a Bow Deer Hunter 2005 jummpy123 3 Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:42 pm
ron4560 View latest post
alot of dh2005 questions Deer Hunter 2005 cowboy 8 Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:07 pm
ron4560 View latest post
recording and screenshots Info, questions and suggestions for hunts. cowboy 4 Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:55 pm
cowboy View latest post
Topgun Week # 2/BiWeekly # 22 11-5 -11-19 3 pm est -2 pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:52 pm
ron4560 View latest post

Probably wrong forum: howto Hunt?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> Info, questions and suggestions for hunts.
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akzle

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:50 am Post subject: Probably wrong forum: howto Hunt?! Reply with quote

yo. been here a while at recommendation of friend and ally.

what i want to know is: how to find and shoot the damn deer!
i know records need to be in expert mode

BUT

is the game geared for 'merican style hunting, ie feed them and wait?
down here in NZ we actually chase deer... doens't seem to give results in the game...

i tend to find less deer with a thermal scope (while hunting, sompared to binos only) -  is this in the code or what?

also, i've shot plenty (bucks/does/ all species), but haven't seen any non-typicals, rares or records, which makes me wonder wtf i'm doing wrong. it's at the point where is i can't hack the game it's almost not worth playing... =S

i've used bows, single shots, muzzle loaders etc etc etc, done everything i think i should for maximum points... just don't seem to be getting anywhere new...

do i need to camp out for days?

i HAVE searched and haeven't found anything. i cand be bothered breaking down the game code, i'd just likes something i can run around and have a blast on when i feel like it...

cheers all.
-R0b
shootinman270

blank.gif

Reputation: 6.9Reputation: 6.9Reputation: 6.9Reputation: 6.9Reputation: 6.9Reputation: 6.9

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:54 pm Post subject: Re: Probably wrong forum: howto Hunt?! Reply with quote

Have you tried hunting slaughter maps?  If you want to see a lot of deer and make the hunting easier I would suggest you to download a few slaughter maps from this site.  It puts all the deer in a smaller area where you can see most of them when the map loads.  Hunting this type of map should give you plenty or record book and world record deer.  Rares in this game are just that... RARE.  But if you want to try and find a few I would suggest hunting a whitetail slaughter map and you should be able to find an albino or cartoon doe.  
If this seems too easy for you, I would take a look here: http://www.granddadlodge.com/index.php?page=19
These are the hotspots for the stock maps.  If you start downwind and check a few of these spots each hunt you should be able to find deer.  Hope this helps you out!
Akzle

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:06 pm Post subject: Re: Probably wrong forum: howto Hunt?! Reply with quote

thanks for that link. yes i have a few slaughter maps but they kinda taket the fun out of it. dan's devil's skillet is neat, but a long walk!

so i guess i just have to shoot heaps of records to up my skills on the slaughter maps eh...
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:32 pm Post subject: Re: Probably wrong forum: howto Hunt?! Reply with quote

Kiora bro.

Bout time there were a few more kiwis on site.

Im based in Auckland and have been a member here for many years and making maps for quite a few more.

I hunted Urewera nat park and Kiangoroa forest untill I packed the R/L hunting in a couple of years back.

I pretty much hunt most maps the same way I did in real life. You can get away with running on wide open maps with long fields of view but need to walk or crouch in the densly wooded areas.

Every map will load 35 to 45 animals per map and maps can be aprox 1.4 to 2,2 ks each side depending on how the mapmaker decides to set the size. So the numbers are probably reasonably higher than in R/L Just get in there and do it.  Numbers, Gender and size is random, as is the incidence of record book and world records

I would suggest that you read our site rules at the top of the home page and refrain from discussing any unauthorised changes to game play on our site please.
We only support the official Atari 1.2 patch along with the hybrid patch here. The hybrid patch makes a larger selection of models available to the DH2005 mapmakers, taken from the previous version of DH2004. A classic example of kiwi ingenuity at work.
Welcome. Hope you enjoy a long stay with us here.

PS
If you want to hunt a map with the flavour of home.. try the  last map I made , Kiwi Creek.. in the Axis section of the DH2005 Hybrid maps.
If you dont already have the Hybrid patch you can get a link to my ADrive from this recent thread.
http://www.hagadoo.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2329

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Visit Evo-File Today
Akzle

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:22 pm Post subject: Re: Probably wrong forum: howto Hunt?! Reply with quote

hi dan. you know me IRL as Rob.

is there an online server for multiplay here? i've seen the old gamespy threads, but haven't found anything recent. and no actual answers! or does someone just host it and share the IP?
i'm normally on very limited bandwidth in my hut, so making the most of (stealing) someone elses =)

IF YOU CONTINUE DOWN THIS PATH ON YOUR ON, YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE SITE PERMANENTLY. MAPS ARE SOLE PROPERTY OF HAGADOO.COM, HOSTING THEM ELSE WHERE IN THE INTERNET TAKES VERBAL PERMISSION FROM THE MAP MAKER FIRST. DO NOT POST LINKS TO OTHERS SITES WITH OUT FIRST ASKING THE STAFF HERE AT HAGADOO.COM

YOUR POST WAS EDITED BY REZ325
Akzle

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:18 am Post subject: Re: Probably wrong forum: howto Hunt?! Reply with quote

alright then. guess i wont.

something about catching more flies with honey than vinegar....
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  Info, questions and suggestions for hunts. All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: