Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Topgun #3 /BiWeekly 11-19 - 2:00 pm est. - 12-3 2:00 pm est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:49 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Topgun Week # 2/BiWeekly # 22 11-5 -11-19 3 pm est -2 pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:52 pm
ron4560 View latest post
recording and screenshots Info, questions and suggestions for hunts. cowboy 3 Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:08 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
Biweekly #19 09-24 - 10-08 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:23 pm
Vic View latest post
PM's General Talk REZ325 1 Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:17 pm
alot of dh2005 questions Deer Hunter 2005 cowboy 6 Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:33 pm
REZ325 View latest post
Results Topgun Week 1/Biweekly #21 10-22 -11-5 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:35 pm
ron4560 View latest post
1st Deer with a Bow Deer Hunter 2005 jummpy123 2 Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:16 pm

DH 2004 Map With Lots of Roads & map making questions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> Deer Hunter 2004 and ISV .
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
jummpy123

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:03 pm Post subject: DH 2004 Map With Lots of Roads & map making questions Reply with quote

Hello! I am looking for a Deer Hunter 2004 that has lots of roads going through it. Something like the Vancouver Island map is exactly what I'm looking for. I would love to make one myself, but for the life of me I cannot understand the map editor. I have tried the tutorial many times but it always loses me Razz. I would prefer something modeled after somewhere in Canada, but I don't really care where the map is based off of. Thanks for any suggestions!
Jimbo1952

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:30 pm Post subject: Re: DH 2004 Map With Lots of Roads Reply with quote

Any questions you have about map making or the editor...Danthemanboone is the guy to ask. I can also help. But Dan is the expert.
jummpy123

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:24 pm Post subject: Re: DH 2004 Map With Lots of Roads Reply with quote

Well, I am starting to get the hang of the map editor, but I do have 1 question I'll leave here so I dont make random threads everywhere. I have generated all the trees, but If I want a road, is there anyway to delete the trees that are in it's way? Also, is there any way to make 1 species of deer more numerous than another. (I want mules and whitetails but I want more mule deer than whitetails). Thanks!
Jimbo1952

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:52 pm Post subject: Re: DH 2004 Map With Lots of Roads Reply with quote

You can delete trees on the road by 1) clicking the select button, then right click on the tree you want to delete, 2) it should highlight the tree green 3) then click delete selected button. if you want to delete multiple trees. do step 1 then while holding down the right mouse button you draw a box around multiple trees, let go of the mouse button and all trees in the box should be highlighted, the n click the delete selected button. You can also right click on single trees and with the left mouse button depressed you can move it off the road. As far as the deer they are randomly generated when the game loads, there is nothing in the editor for that.
Visit Evo-File Today
jummpy123

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:04 pm Post subject: Re: DH 2004 Map With Lots of Roads Reply with quote

Thanks for the help! Hopefully I can submit my first map soon!

Trouble!!!! When I save my map, I cant find the folder it is in. I go to the exact location it says it is saved to, but it is not there!

I think I found the problem. It is saving my map to the data folder of my old games installation, not my newer one. It seems to be browsing an older version of my computer. Is there any way to change that? I need to change it's save location.

Last edited by jummpy123 on Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:53 pm; edited 4 times in total
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:47 pm Post subject: Re: DH 2004 Map With Lots of Roads Reply with quote

thee only stump in the editor is the loblolly stump, it can be found near the bottom of the list in the dh2005 vegetation objects.
Otherwise you will have to use a custom object stump.

http://www.hagadoo.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&min=40&cid=28

Download a custom object from the site the same way you would a map. ( E,G. Gas 56 mossy stump ) from the custom object files .. vegetation.
there are stumps on page 3 and page 5.
Open the Zip and drag the folder to desktop.

Now go to you dh2005  game folder and open the custom level folder... same as you would when loading a map, then double click on the custom map folder you are working on ... and drag or copy and paste the custom object folder from the desktop into your custom map folder.

Now when you open the editor object list to load the custom object, it will be in the first lines of the file selection list, above the DH2004 objects.
Load and place the object as normal.

You may also get some help from the forum section on map making by reading through the old posts there.
http://www.hagadoo.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=18

Good luck

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jummpy123

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:54 pm Post subject: Re: DH 2004 Map With Lots of Roads Reply with quote

Hey dantheman thanks for the help, I edited my post above yours, could you please look at it?
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:02 pm Post subject: Re: DH 2004 Map With Lots of Roads Reply with quote

Your map will always be in your custom level folder
it will be a folder above the custom map red icons.
when you open the editor it will always open the last map you worked on.

Open the editor.
Select
at the top left.... file..... open
in the window that pops up.....open.
The editor will open the map.

To open the map in game you must fill in the profile in the editor before the map will show in game list.

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Visit Nuke Evolution Today
jummpy123

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:08 pm Post subject: Re: DH 2004 Map With Lots of Roads Reply with quote

The problem is the fact that it is saving it to a folder that is not existent on my computer. It is saving it to my DH2004 folder that was made in 2014, not the one from 2015. So I cant find the level.ter, profile.txt, etc. on my computer.  I need to like....force the editor to update it's information about my computer. Actually, reinstalling the editor should fix it.
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:19 pm Post subject: Re: DH 2004 Map With Lots of Roads Reply with quote

try this
Right click on the editor icon on the desktop and select run as administrator.
Then right click the editor icon again and select troubleshoot compatibility.
open the editor and then close it and confirm the settings.

Do the same with your Dh2005 game icon  and see if that helps.

Get registered or Log in
jummpy123

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:24 pm Post subject: Re: DH 2004 Map With Lots of Roads Reply with quote

Fixed it!

Last edited by jummpy123 on Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:29 pm Post subject: Re: DH 2004 Map With Lots of Roads Reply with quote

Glad to see you have it working.
One thing that became apparent on reading back is that I was giving you instructions for The DH2005 editor.
You are in fact asking about the DH 2004 editor.

Sorry about the confusion, can you please confirm which editor you are using.

Get registered or Log in
Visit DFG-GAMING.COM Today
jummpy123

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:22 pm Post subject: Re: DH 2004 Map With Lots of Roads Reply with quote

I am using the deer hunter 2004 editor. Some bad news Sad When the lights FINALLY precalculated(which took around 8-12 hours) there was an error(I know what it was and is now fixed) but its time for another long wait :/. You guys still accept DH2004 maps? I personally prefer 2004 over 2005.
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:58 pm Post subject: Re: DH 2004 Map With Lots of Roads Reply with quote

The demand for 2004 maps is almost zero but I can load them to the library no problem.

The difficulty with 2004 maps is that the editor makes available any custom objects from all the maps that are in your game. So you can load a custom file from a map someone else has made but that map will only run if you have the contributing map in your game folder.
So if someone downloads the map but does not have the map the file came from then the map will not run for them.
The only way they can get the map to run is to load the map the original file came from into their game.
There is also the difficulty of identifying the required map in the first place . If any map wont run then the way is to check the problem is to open the Game file and see the problem map name and missing file at the error line.
Then Finding the map required can be almost impossible if the map is no longer on a download site anywhere on the net.

So it is imperative that DH2004 maps uploaded to site only contain files from the original standard maps.

The only way I can check is to run the map in my game with no other custom maps in the my game. If the map runs I can upload it to site.

The custom objects we have in the custom objects library may run or not depending on the format of the image  files (tex). Dh2004 uses jpg files while Dh2005 can use jpg , png or stx depending on the application or file type.
The files titled ,, Abslayers objects for 2003 and 2004.. will mostly work in 2004. Some of the files in the dh2005 objects will work in DH2004.

There is a site that has DH2004 maps that may be of interest to any Dh2004 fans
See here
http://www.manetta.us/GameMaps/

Because I also liked the objects in 2004 I made the hybrid patch so they could be added to the dh2005 editor. Making a Hybrid map with the 2005 editor using the dh2004 files, then turning off the guess option and bullet cam in the DH2005 game settings will give you basically the same game play experience as 2004.

Get registered or Log in
jummpy123

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:53 pm Post subject: Re: DH 2004 Map With Lots of Roads Reply with quote

I always found the bucks to be too big and easy to come by in 2005(even on the hardest difficulty). But I will check out the Manetta site so thanks for that!
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  Deer Hunter 2004 and ISV . All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: